How To Upload Files To Website Using Filezilla Ftp Client
- Upload file from your hosting account.
- Use Ftp software like filezilla (recommended)
- Direct upload from you editor (Dreamweaver)
1) How to upload file to website web server from hosting account
Upload Files To Website Using Filezilla Ftp Client
- For doing this you have to log in to your hosting control panel.
- Select the directory in which you want to upload files for your website.
- Select the files and then press upload files.
- Done files must be in you hosting directory
Note:This step is time consuming,but if your hosting provider provides flash upload then you can upload all the files at one time,It depends on how much transfer they allow for maximum size for file upload.
2) How to upload files to website webserver using filezilla ftp client software
- First open your ftp client software,I use filezilla software.
- You can download from filezilla website.
- After downloading the filezilla software open it and run the setup.
- Once you have the FileZilla client downloaded and activated on your computer.
- Enter the domain name in the address field (you can also use the server’s IP address).
- The username and the password The FTP port is 21 and is filled in automatically.Click Quickconnect and the file listing will appear.
- Find the www (it is a symbolic link to public_html) directory and double click on it.
- Then, select the files to be uploaded and drag-and-drop them under the www folder. Wait for the transfer to be completed.
3) Direct upload files to web server using Dreamweaver editor
- Select “Site” and click on the “New Site” option
- When the Site Definition window appears, select the Advanced -> Local Info category
In the Site name field enter the name of your site. Specify the path to the root folder of your site stored on your local computer.
- Check the Refresh local file list automatically and Enable cache options.
- In the HTTP Address field enter the URL that your remote Web site will use. This way Dreamweaver will be able verify the links within your site.
- The next step is very important, so please pay close attention to it. Click on the Remote Info category
- Choose FTP from the Access drop-down menu. In FTP host field type the remote server host name. If your domain name is pointed to the correct host, you can type your domain name instead.
- In the Host directory field you should type either public_html or www. This is the directory where you should store your web site.
- Enter your FTP login details. You can test your connection by clicking on the Test button. It is very important to check the Use passive FTP option.
- When you are finished setting your preferences, click OK and that will complete your setup.