Google ranking factors SEO checklist has over 200 ranking factors which affect’s the ranking of your website or blog in search engines as of 2017.
These algorithms are very sophisticated but they have been implemented by Google to make he Internet a better place for users to find quality websites and content which are useful.
However, Google does not disclose these ranking factors because there are many spammers out there just to sneak in the Google algorithms and start gaming their system.
So it is wise for no one to know exact ranking factors as Google ranking factors are kept in their briefs and algorithm
must Read – How to improve Google ranking.
We all want our websites or blogs to have good rankings in search engine results but for that you have to SEO optimize your blogs to get higher rankings as well as good amount of traffic from search engines.
We cannot just make our blog to be 100% SEO optimized as per Google standards but we can actually work in this scenario to make our websites as SEO optimized as possible.
So in this post, I am going to show you few important Google Ranking factors 2016 SEO checklist which you can apply to your blogs to get good search engine rankings.
Google Ranking Factors 2017 SEO Checklist
1) Keyword In Title – You have to make sure that you have your main keywords in your title tags which Google give more weight age in terms of SEO.
Title tag is one of the most prominent place which Google looks while scanning your web pages and ranking them So put your main keywords in title tags also try to put keywords at the beginning of title then at the ending of your title.
2) Domain Names- Make sure that you have keywords in the domain name because it adds SEO advantage as compared to domain names which don’t have keywords in it and don’t use hyphens to separate two words.Why? this is important is the because if you look at other generic domains then you cannot know what their websites or blog is all about unless and until you read their content.Similarly Google does and having keywords in your domain name gives your readers as well as Google the glimpse of what is your website all about.
3) Domain registration – Most spam websites do tend to vanishes after few months or a year So Google does take into account the domain registration length which proves that you are not here for launching thin affiliate marketing site make money and go.So try to register domain name for more than two years if possible.
3) Keywords In URL – You must have keywords in your article URL which has added SEO advantage and try to keep it short and SEO friendly URL to make it look more legitimate.But don’t just keyword stuff you URL and make it look spammy which is not okay, and Google will not give your better ranking in search engines, and you will lose on one of the critical Google ranking factors of 2017.
4) Exact Match Domains – If you manage to get exact match domain for your business then you are fortunate enough, and it has the potential to rank well in search engines, but you have to make sure that you provide the quality and justify your domain name properly otherwise you are likely to see the adverse effects.
5) SEO Optimized Content – Make sure to have your keywords or key phrases in the content section of your articles because from SEO point of view you pages will get ranked high.Google can quickly determine what your web page is all about which will boost your rankings but again do overdo it use smartly throughout your content and don’t forget to use it in between first 100 character’s as well as at the ending.
6) Keywords In Description and H1 Tags – Make sure to have your keywords in Description and H1 heading tags which SEO optimized your content, as well as the description, is what which is shown in search results as snippets from your content.So try to write the best meta description for each and every page of your website.
7) Length Of Articles – Typically a longer article tends to get good rankings in search engines as compared to short articles So try to write useful, long and quality content.
8) Duplicate Content – Google simply hates duplicate content and will simply penalize that website for having duplicate content so never copy and paste articles from other resources as Google is smart enough to identify which is original and which are scrapped from other places.
9) Fresh Content – This is considered as one of the most vital Google ranking factors, it’s one of the very crucial Google ranking factors in 2017.Google give more priority in terms of ranking websites because Google loves fresh and regularly updated contents nobody wants stale stuff, and you can significantly improve your SERP’s by frequently updating your websites with new and unique content.
10) Inbound and Outbound Links – You must have heard of backlinks I am sure that you have then all the inbound links which your websites gets, it is considered as vote up for your website.It signals Google that people like your content, and they are useful, and this can drastically improve the rankings, but another thing which is important here is quality of inbound and outbound links which mostly influences the SEO benefits and ranking factors. So keep track of the backlinks which you are linking to, or you have been linked withSo keep track of the backlinks which you are linking to, or you have been linked with.
11) Heading Tags – Make proper use of heading tags like H1, H2 etc to make your article more SEO friendly Don’t use H1 more than once and it’s mainly used for the title of the blog post or pages which H2 tags are used for subheading and minor headings.
12) Image Alt tags – Give proper alt tags to your images as search engine don’t recognize what’s your image is all about and by using the right keyword rich and descriptive alt tags search engines will know exactly what your images all about you might drive lots of traffic via image search if your images are optimized properly.
13) Internal linking – Make sure that you are interlinking your relevant blog posts and pages together and this will pass the link juice to other pages which might be not performing or ranking high in search results.By interlinking new posts or pages with old post and pages help to boost the rankings and this is the most powerful SEO optimization technique which you must do on regular basis.
must read : Internal Linking SEO Strategies & Best Practices
14 ) Word Count – The longer articles tends to get good rankings in search engines as compared to short articles So try to write useful, long and quality content and make sure that your write minimum of 500 words articles.More than this will be much better so don’t be hurry to publish your blog posts instead take some time do little research about the topic and when you have enough information about that topic then surely you are going to easily cross that 500 words mark.
15) Rich Media Content – Rich media content means that your articles are having images and relevant videos which enhance your user experience to get more details about the post, and as you know that picture speaks a thousand words, So you must use at least one image in your blog post.Also whenever possible you can use relevant videos and this will significantly reduce your bounce rate and will increase the time your visitors will be on your site.
16) Broken Links – Make sure that when you interlink your blog posts, and pages the URL which you are linking are not broken as this will show 404 error pages to your blog readers, and Google does not like this So before linking to any blog posts or pages check the URL is correct or not.
17) Bullets and Numbers – Make sure to use bullets and numbered lists to highlight important points in your articles and this will significantly improve your visitors blog reading experience So whenever you are writing any list posts or checklist ensure that you use bullets and numbered list.
18) Anchor Tags – This is one of the most important SEO tips whenever you link to any of your older blog posts use proper anchor text to link.Don’t link with unrelated word phrase which will not have any impact from SEO point of view like for eg if you are linking to blog post about Blogging Tips for Beginners and you are using ‘ how to build backlinks for bloggers’ keyword phrase to link then I will not boost your ranking in any way.So friends, these are the most important Google Ranking Factors 2017 SEO checklist and if you like this post please share and don’t forget to subscribe to get more such blogging tips and tricks ! Keep Blogging