Google Ranking Factors SEO Checklist For 2017
What is Search Engine Optimization ? and what are the SEO factors that affect your rankings in search engines ?
Search Engine Optimization : The process in which your blog post ranks better in search engines with a targeted keyword .
There are many articles based on a single keyword that every user searches on internet search engine. Google or other search engines have their own algorithm to place which post on the top of page and it will be calculated based on some factors which a robot looks when it crawls your website.
List Of SEO Factors That Affect Your Rankings In Search Engine
Every Blogger must check out these ranking factors before the post a blog . Google uses more than 200 factors in its algorithm to rank a page .
- Keyword in the beginning of your title , Limit your Title length to 60 or less.
- Make sure your every blog post content is more than 1500 words. Search engine loves posts with more content.
- Page Speed : Page Speed may affect your rankings, choose a lighter design and compressed images. Use : http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ to optimize your page speed
- Keyword density : Your keyword density must be between 1-6% and over density may penalize you for spamming.
- Keywords in meta tags : limit your meta description to 160 characters and never do keyword stuffing in description.
- Keyword Placement : Try to use keywords in Header Tags H1,H2,H3 and bold and italic . Make sure that your keyword must be in first 100 words and last 100 words of the content.
- Always use alt attribute in your image tag .
- Link Building : Incoming and out going links should be from reputed websites. Take care that you never link to bad sites. 1000 low PR links are equal to 1 high PR link.
- Social : Do Share on social networking websites, a page with more social share may rank better on search engines. Use Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest Linkedin and Google plus and also other social bookmarking websites to share
Beyond above the following factors also have its effects on ranking
- Domain Age
- Keyword Appears in Top Level Domain
- Keyword As First Word in Domain
- Domain registration length
- Keyword in Subdomain Name
- Domain History
- Exact Match Domain
- Country TLD extension
- Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords in Content (LSI)
- LSI Keywords in Title and Description Tags
- Keyword Word Order